Why you join our fitter trade?
There are Millions of students who wants job in technical field as a Fitter field after their schooling. So, those students who want to join as a technician or junior engineer in Fitter branch in industry, he/she can do ITI Fitter Course for 2 year program after 10th.
Further, successful completion of ITI can give an opportunity to enter into the Engineering Diploma College in the second year and first of B.Tech.
Eligibility for Fitter
Introduction : This course is meant for the candidates who aspire to become a professional fitter.
Eligibility : 10th (High School)
Duration : 2 Years (Full Time)
Facilities Available in the Fitter Room
Three centre lathe has been installed. A lathe is a machine tool that rotates the work piece on its axis to perform various operations such as cutting, sanding, knurling, drilling, or deformation, facing, turning, with tools that are applied to the work piece to create an object with symmetry about an axis of rotation.
Two drilling machine has been installed. It can perform different operations namely Drilling, Reaming, Boring, Counter Boring, Counter Sinking, Spot Facing & Tapping
On grinding machine is available in the fitter room. Grinders belong to a group of machines that perform final technical operations by grinding metals or other materials. Grinders are designed as non-portable (stationary) machines. They use a grinding disc that removes material as it rotates. A grinding disc is made mainly of silicon carbide or artificial carborundum. The grinding disc turns and removes material along its face or circumference.
All other tools available as per ITI norms.
On successful completion of this course, the candidates may be employed in the following industries:
• Production & Manufacturing industries.
• Structural Fabrication like bridges, Roof structures, Building & construction.
• Automobile and allied industries
• Service industries like road transportation and Railways.
• Ship building and repair
• Infrastructure and defense organisations
• In public sector industries like BHEL, BEML, NTPC, etc and private industries in India & abroad.
• Solar industries (As special training available at ITI for all student in PV and solar thermal field)
Terminal Competency / Deliverables
After successful completion of this course the trainee shall be able to perform the following skills with proper sequence.
• Work in the industry as semi-skilled fitter.
• Work on assemble and dismantle of various valves, test the accuracy of Machine tools.
• Perform simple repair on machinery, dovetail slides and assemble with location dowel pins, stud and bolts.
• Work in the field of pipe fitting, lathe, drilling, welding, Inspection & measurement, general fitting work observing safety precautions.
• Handle different type of Fire extinguishers.
• Handle various solar thermal and solar PV setups.
Further learning pathways
• Course trainees can do apprenticeship training in the reputed Industries / Organizations.
• The course trainees can opt for Diploma course (Lateral entry).
• ITI is equivalent to 12th so student can join B.Tech.
• Course trainees can opt for Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) course.